I don't know about you but some folks just can't seem to get it right or even find Mr./Ms. right. I know quite a few folks just like that.
My good friend Derek found his lady love on Match.com on a rainy day in April of last year. Now he and Heather are due to marry in February. Wow!
Let me tell you a little about Derek. He is the kind of guy who is a all brains and knows nothing about being on the dating scene. We used to take him out with us when we went to clubs or to private parties that other friends of ours were throwing and he has this special knack for running all of the ladies off.
Every time we went out with Derek, we found ourselves explaining to the girls that Derek was not really such a dork and that he was rather a nice guy. No one believed it and he went home empty handed.
One time, by a stroke of luck, he came home with a young woman's number and plans for a date. We went through a lot of fuss to get him prepared for this date. We advised him on what to wear, what to say, how to act, and where to take her. Needless to say, the night ended rather quickly and sadly.
When he got home he refused to discuss how he had messed this one up. We sat up the entire night trying to figure out how we could get Derek out of his funk. I had personally depleted all hopes from my personal phone book and our other friend was not willing to risk losing the friends he had to help.
Then one day I was online and saw a site for Match.com. Perfect, I thought. I would sign Derek up with match.com. I knew he would never do it himself. Poor guy was way down in the dumps. I filled out a short but detailed questionaire.
The questions they asked were completely confidential unless the answers were going to be seen on his profile page somewhere. I answered them very honestly because I didn't want this thing to backfire. Derek would have found a way to see to that if I were dishonest about just one thing.
Once we had all the information in, we submitted the form and waited. By the end of the week, Derek had an e-mail full of hopefuls. At first, when I showed Derek what I had done, he was upset. After he saw for himself all the replies and the snapshots of what his possibles looked like he was, well pretty excited.
He started talking to Heather on a regular and then the two of them made plans to meet up. Before I knew it, we had a new friend in our little world. Heather was a hit with us all but especially with Derek.
He has been so happy, I hardly recognize him. Come this February, I am going to be the maid of honor for my best friend Derek and his new bride Heather. Hmmmm... maybe I should start up a dating service.
Find the right love for yourself at Match.com.
No comments:
Post a Comment